Mounts, Distraction, Outlands Questing Team, Outlands Instances

Toon #3 Aquires Mount


Via another guildie-tromp-through-Stranglethorn-Vale, I got my mage toon up to 40 in the past week or so, and bought him his Mount and training. Since he's a Troll, he can get the Raptor mount without extra work, so I bought the Whistle of the Violet Raptor
Binds when picked up
Misc
Requires Level 40
Requires Riding (75)
Use: Summons and dismisses a rideable Raptor.
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Whistle of the Violet Raptor as his color choice. My first toon through was a Troll as well, and had the Whistle of the Turquoise Raptor
Binds when picked up
Misc
Requires Level 40
Requires Riding (75)
Use: Summons and dismisses a rideable Raptor.
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Whistle of the Turquoise Raptor so this time I wanted to buy a "different" one ;)


I also ran around and collected the Portal spells I could get - one for Undercity and one for Orgrimmar. Looks like Thunder Bluff requires level 45 for a Portal there. Yay! Now I can open a door to another place and send people away!


Mage is now parked in Thunder Bluff for a while, re-gaining rest bonus and producing potions for supporting the rest of the alt family in some way (Frost Oil can sell for 3g50s each, but I use up all the mana potions I make).


Rogue Aquires Distract, Vanish


Wow. Like, just, world of warcraft.


Here, look over this direction for a moment so I can come up behind you and tear you down to less than half-health before you turn around again.


Or, here, look over this direction for a moment so you'll stop wandering around and I can sneak past you to get to the one guy who has the cool loot/quest reward and rip him a new one before you duds can run over to help him. Oh, *poof* what, you can't see me no mo'?


Outlands Questing Team


Our uber-casual guild hasn't done much "together" in the Outlands as most of our alts are still below 50, but we've decided to take one night a week to dedicate to Outlands Questing. One of our members has six? toons he plays, three are at 70 now, but he's got two that are in the 61-63 range that he left behind specifically to play up with the rest of us, and it sure is nice to join his team and let him show us around the Outlands, bit by bit!


The first week our guildies got together, I couldn't join them due to prior commitments, but last week went well, with three of us (66 hunter, 62 warrior, and me, a 62 hunter) going through a bunch of quests in the Hellfire Peninsula for 2-3 hours. I levelled up to 63, got some new equipment, and even got a BOE blue drop ( Demon Hide Spaulers
Binds when equipped
ShoulderLeather
178 Armor
+23 Agility
+18 Stamina
Requires Level 61
Equip: Increases attack power by 32.
Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 13.
Equip: Improves hit rating by 11.
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Demon Hide Spaulers) I shared with a rogue guildie who's been in the guild for a coon's age. It's kind of funny, actually - I bought those same shoulders for 25g in the Auction House just a day prior, and then it drops off of some random mob in the Outlands...


Warlock Dreadsteed Team


A month or so ago, the guy with 6 toons took his Warlock through the Dreadsteed quest line the entire way, with guildmate assistance in dealing with Scholomance and Dire Maul. It was a learning experience for us all, as none of us had been through the process, and the Warlock only kind of/sort of knew where we were going when we were in the dungeons.


This past couple of weekends, another Warlock in our guild was working through the Dreadsteed quest series, and this time it was a lot smoother, because enough of us had an idea of what was going on that it wasn't nearly as confusing.


The first time through, the "circle event" or whatever it's called, was incredibly brutal. We had a healer but only a semi-experienced one, and while we stayed up long enough to complete the event and allow our guildmate to summon the Dreadsteed, we barely stayed up long enough - the event hadn't actually "ended" officially but the items we were protecting somehow survived.


This second time through, we brought extra healing - we had a heavily resto-spec'd 58 Druid (non-guildie, picked up in LFG channel) who did healing all through the Dire Maul (west) instance run up until the Circle Event, and then our 59 Mage dropped out and brought her 70 Priest into the instance to assist with the healing. I made sure to praise the Druid for his/her great healing up to this point, and just let them know we were bringing in healing backup because this event was particularly difficult and for no other reason. From what I could see, we hadn't offended our new Druid friend, that's good :)


I was surprised at the amount of experience I was gaining from the instance - 500-600 exp (with rested bonus) a kill at times, at level 63! Somehow I expected the experience rate to drop significantly, I'm glad to see it's not the case as the Old World dungeons already have enough problems luring folks from the Outlands.


First Outlands Instance - Recommendations?


So, as I've said, our uber-casual guild hasn't done much as a Guild in the Outlands. There's a few of us who are at the 63-66 level, however, and I'm thinking that maybe we could field our first Outlands Instance team and take on one of the "low" dungeons.


From what I see, our dungeons-marked-55-to-61+ choices are:


Hellfire Ramparts

Blood Furnace

Shattered Halls


I've actually found Hellfire Ramparts in my wanderings, I guess these three are all close to that one... ?


What one would you suggest our "noob" team take on as our "first one"?