Torturing Myself With The Slow Alterac Valley Grind

As a Hordeling, I've been told that we have an "inherent terrain deficit" in Alterac Valley.


Whether or not it's true, we sure lose a lot in the Ruin Battlegrouping. In fact, the last 20 games I've been in have all ultimately been losses for the Horde side.


Don't get me wrong - I have fun when I'm in there... the whole 40-on-40 PvP thing brings me great joy, especially when there's a large "front" advancing and I am part of it.


As a level 63 Hunter in the 61-70 bracket, I'm not one of the powerful ones in the game, and I've never appeared on the first page of Alliance-and-Horde combined results at the end of the game. But, I still get in there and use up as many arrows as I can, using my traps to strategically slow groups, using my ranged powers to distract guards standing around a flag, and using my body, where required, to draw enemy fire and die so my teammates can progress.


The main reason I'm playing Alterac Valley these days is to get the Frostwolf Howler epic wolf mount. I wrote about it originally back here, but haven't been pushing at it again until just recently. I've now got 40 Alterac Valley Mark of Honor
Binds when picked up
Unique (100)
Quest Item
\'Medal awarded for fighting in Alterac Valley\'
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Alterac Valley Mark of Honor now, and only need 10 more, so hopefully soon I'll be posting that I've got the mount and I'm happy with it.


Hopefully that won't take another 10 full games, however.


But whatever... whenever I'm killing Alliance on the battlegrounds and can toss a /cheer over at someone who catches me offguard and takes me down, I'm happy!