warhammer Warrior-priests can always heal?

Path of Wrath


The Path of Wrath is focused on crippling melee attacks which weaken, hinder, and


harass the player's opponents. Someone who specializes in Wrath will certainly be the


most offensively-focused type of Warrior Priest, as they will be both damaging their


enemies and weakening them with each swing of their warhammer.



So does this mean that a warrior priest that specifies in this will not be able to heal or will he just put his healing skills in his backpack to take them out only when they're really necessairy?


They will still be able to heal. This path is regarding Mastery's which are kinda like WoW talents.


The warrior priest has 3 %26quot;castable%26quot; heals - an insta heal-over time, a 1-2s direct heal with extra healing over time, and a 2-3s direct group heal.



The rest of his healing abilities are based on percentages of damage done, but these will usually only heal your %26quot;defensive target%26quot; (Whicever teammate you have selected - if nobody is selected it applies to yourself)


So technically the more damage you're doing, the more you're able to heal yourself or your teammate for.



The Mastery lines are kinda like a cross between DAoC spec lines, and WoW talents.


You put points into the Mastery line which increase the power of your base abilities - more damage, extra healing etc.


And as you raise your points in the Mastery line you have the option to buy whichever abilities you want from that line - Unlike WoW you don't need to have previous abilities to unlock the next one, you can pick and choose whichever, which means you can make the most of your mastery points.


You only get 25 Mastery points max, and there are a max of 15 points in each line - plus 6-7 abilities. So to fully max out 1 line with all abilities ya looking at using around 22 Points.


The 1-2 second heal with the hot you mentioned is 0.5 seconds cast time.


I am in love with this class. Rolled Destro in OB (Disciple) and had every intention of playing one when the game went live. Over popullation forced my friends and I to roll Order and tbh out of all the Order classes I tried...I didn't really like any of them very much. But I'd level'd a WP to 6 in OB so thought I'd try it again....tbh I really wasn't happy about playing Order. My WB is lvl 19 now....I can't see myself playing anything else. This class is so damn fun for me to play. My mate has rolled a Sword Master and we're a very strong duo. Him as my defensive and me with Guard is fantastic.



One thing I have found though. Pay very close attention to who or what you have as your defensive target. If you selected a quest item you've interacted with or an npc you talked to and you haven't switched back your defensive target to yourself or another player then all the heals you cast or gain from dmg will fall on the item or npc and you're screwed


A guildie has rerolled WP and we are finding that if he sticks to one defensive target, currently a defensive spec tank, they just cannot be shifted. A WP is a good choice for a team that likes to melee.