Polymorph: Pig Quest Chain In Azshara

At level 70, doing instances on a regular basis and now getting into Raids, I thought maybe I should go back to Azeroth and into Azshara to finish the level 60 Mage quest that I never, ever did.


I didn't do it mainly because I didn't realize what the reward was - and that reward is the ability to Polymorph something into a Pig instead of the standard Sheep form.


So, I headed over to WoWWiki and looked up information on the quest chain, and headed to Orgrimmar to make the run to Azshara. Since this toon came about during the Burning Crusade era of World of Warcraft, he hadn't ever ventured to Azshara as there was no real reason to - advancing through the 50s to get to Outland was easily done in other zones.



The King of the Class Quests


Azshara Mage Class Quest: Polymorph: Pig

Archmage Xylem is the guy you're sent to see for your last Azeroth class quest, pretty much no matter what class you are, Horde-side. If I remember correctly, I went to him for my Warrior, Hunter and Rogue quests, and I'm sure my Priest will need to visit him shortly as well. He's located at the Bear's Head in Azshara, at 29,40, and you need to take a teleport up to visit him.



Stage One - Prismatic Shell and Warlord Krellian


The first stage of the class quest that results in the Polymorph: Pig spell for Mages is to retrieve a Prismatic Shell from Warlord Krellian who dwells in Azshara. At level 70, this is a super-easy quest to complete, but at a lower level it may be more difficult simply because of the number of wandering mobs that will impede direct progress to the Warlord whose temple is found at 39,53.


Stage Two - Polymorph Clone Destruction


Once you return the Prismatic Shell to Archmage Xylem, you get the next stage to the quest which requires you to destroy 50 Polymorph Clones before returning to the Archmage.
Polymorph: Pig quest, sheeping serpents

The clones are created when you polymorph the appropriate quest mobs and then wait a few moments. The polymorphed serpent will then %26#8220;break apart%26#8221; into a bunch of little Polymorph Clones (sheep-shaped) which run around like crazy for a short period of time and then die off on their own.


Your job, dear Mage, is to kill the little suckers before they run off and die on their own.


AOEing down the Polymorph Clones

I found that I had to be semi-close to the serpent to be able to sheep it and step forward and get in proper range for an Arcane Explosion, and if I wasn't close enough or fast enough, some of the little sheeps got out of range and died before I could get another Explosion in. You've gotta be quick!



The Final Result: Polymorph: Pig


Polymorph: Pig

For your efforts, you get a new polymorph to look at whenever you're doing your regular job of Crowd Control - Pig! You can set up a macro to %26#8220;randomly%26#8221; select Pig or Sheep for your polymorph, too, if you like those extra surprises.


Finding Other Polymorphs


One of these days I'm going to see if I can convince a few friends to do some Zul'Gurub runs with specific attention to the guy who drops the Polymorph: Turtle tome, and maybe even some of the animal bosses who drop the special mounts.


Are there any other polymorph spells attainable that I didn't mention?


This article is %26copy; WebGrrl Enterprises - visit the original website for more great writings on World of Warcraft.

No tag for this post.

Related posts