Are we paying $14.99 a month to play scenarios?Page 3

Not me. I do PQ's...grind mobs, do som openrvr and some scenarios.


Doing just scenarios gets boring real fast since its mainly 4 of them that pop. One in each tier.


I do enjoy senerios but it is dissappointing to me it is the best way to gain renown, err well the most productive/time wise way.



At heart I am a oRvR type guy.



I'm really interested in seeing how Mythic is going to balance it out to keep senrios alive and well and to encourage radical oRvR.



Time will tell and I got faith.



(Sidenote: Keigi your avatar looks madder than HELL)


I pay $15 a month to play a game that allows me to level from PvP.


I pay $15 to do what seems fun at the time and for a choice of in game activity.



I jump at the first opportunity to fight if a destro keep or cap point is under attack. Thankfully, Mythic saw the light and provided Region wide chat so defenders/attackers can call upon the army.


i can only say ''hell yeah'' to this one. i pay that money for non-stop pvp-rvr.


if i want to kill mobs and get xp, i will play diablo.


I know this one guy that payed for WoW every month and all he did was go beat on a 100ft dude every other night for over a year. He tired of that and now he's getting a life, go figure.


Actually, balanced scenarios (in terms of teams, not map design) is alot of fun. It's quick and rewarding. The most fun is when it is really close, like 480-478 and whoever picks up the last objective wins. Sadly, I've had maybe only three of such good times in the one month that i've been playing.



Now, it's more often than not Destruction gets creamed by ventrilo-capable Order guilds (Anlec server). It's not because the Order guilds on my server have any outstanding individuals, it's just that the tiniest form of communication goes a long way. I try to communicate in scenarios but not many people speak. Which is quite strange in an MMO. In fact, this MMO is quite literally socially-disabled.


Ah, but why would they? Instanced gameplay of any sort is so much easier and less costly to implement, and if a substantial portion of the playerbase is happy to pay a monthly fee for something that was, historically, free to play, why would they ever switch back to the outdated model of %26quot;develop more, get paid less%26quot;?


Well, right now I apparently pay $14.99 a month to get farmed by Destro using Rift+AoE ad infinitum while my framerate plummets into nothing.


the PvE is boring as hell. the world is too huge everyone is scattered in different areas.


first you have 4 tiers that seperates the players, then you have each realm that seperates that 4 tiers.



If there were a lot of players then this would not be a problem. but with the current population, it makes the world looks dead devoid if players.



Yes there are a lot of players but you barely see anyone as they are scattered around this huge world. they should have made t2 and up where all players are in the same place but different areas. not different zones. at least you see people around. unlike whats happening now.



imagine if there was only 1 zone in the upper tier maps. then there would be a single rvr lake for that tier. its easier to find people to fight with in ORvR then. instead of what we have now where there are 3 huge maps with 3 rvr lakes that barely gets any people.


scenarios are horrible for renown once you hit RR40 and especially afterwards. you get better renown for taking BOs/keeps.


Personally, I am among those unlucky people who effectively pay NOT to play any scenarios at all because i ended up on a dead server. i play a pve grindfest game. level 30, renown rank 10....RvR game my %26quot;behind%26quot; ! haven't seen a single scenario ever since cows came home.


It's not competing with them well. Team Fortress 2 is much, much better at this sort of game style, not to mention that it's free to play online. Scenarios are nowhere near - not even in the same ballpark - the level of quality that TF2 showcases. If you think it is, you need to go buy TF2 and play it some. I guarantee it'll change your mind.



Currently, yes, I feel like I'm paying $15 a month to be forced into grind scenarios. I'd still prefer if Mythic would provide a no-scenarios server for those people who want to Open RvR exclusively and have the time to do so, but I'm willing to wait till after 1.1 to determine whether it helps change my mind on that.