Priest drops Herbalism, becomes Jewelcrafter

Perhaps I'll regret it, but over the past week, I dropped Herbalism on the toon that had it the highest, and picked up Jewelcrafting on her instead.


I deleted my lvl 16 Paladin who had been a Miner/Jewelcrafter, mainly because I wasn't having much fun with the Pally and didn't want to play her, and she was taking up a player slot that I could use for something else I'd have more fun with. So, I transferred all of her goods and cash over to other toons and deleted the newcomer-to-the-Horde Pally.


Now, my level 32 Priest is a Tailor/Jewelcrafter, and very obviously supported by the rest of the toons in the family. My 63 Hunter is very much the same, with her professions being Leatherworking and Enchanting.


I've been using my Warrior miner as a gatherer for most of the Jewelcrafter's initial needs that weren't already met by the initial draining of my storage toonbank of mining materials... logging in early in the morning and making a round or two of Durotar at first (Sen'jin through to Orgrimmar has a bunch of copper) and then progressing to the Badlands later on, to pick up iron and mithril.


Because my Warrior toon has mining over 300 now and is in her mid-50s, it's easy for her to ride around and drain nodes in order to get the majority of materials needed to advance Jewelcrafting. The only things I needed to buy were Flask of Mojo
Trade Goods
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Flask of Mojos, Vision Dust
Trade Goods
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Vision Dust and Soul Dust
Trade Goods
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Soul Dust when they were called for. I purchased a few Aquamarine
Gems
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Aquamarine as well, in order to create the Aquamarine Signet of ...
Binds when equipped
FingerMiscellaneous
Requires Level 37
Equip: Increases attack power by 20.
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Aquamarine Signet which has +20 to attack power plus a random enchant added to it, as well. One of those rings I crafted sold for over 10g!


My Priest stayed parked in Silvermoon for a few days, running back and forth from the mailbox to the trainer, to the auctioneer and to the bank. I actually got familiar with that part of the city finally, and didn't feel so horribly lost while I was going between those places. I hate learning new cities, I'm seriously directionally challenged. But, I've now moved my Priest over to Grom'Gol for questing purposes now that she's up to 218/225 or so in Jewelcrafting and I need time to collect more materials for her next burst of skill-ups.


Down To One High Level Gatherer


So, this switch leaves me with only one toon over level 25 that has a gathering profession, and that is my Warrior with her Mining skill.


Thankfully, if I really wanted to work at it, Herbalism is something that isn't restricted by level for advancement, it's just restricted by gather level. Since my Rogue is a Herbalism/Skinner, she has an inherent advantage of being able to sneak into places and get close to nodes without having to fight her whole way in. But she still has a long way to go before she can pick those high level herbs that make the really cool potions or make really good cash in the Auction House.


I'm pondering dropping Leatherworking on my 63 Hunter, so I can pick up Herbalism there and powerlevel it up and have a high level Herbie under my belt. I rarely use Leatherworking these days (only to equip myself and make Dark Leather Tunic
Binds when equipped
ChestLeather
78 Armor
+6 Agility
Requires Level 15
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Dark Leather Tunics for sale on the weekends) and might use it more if I were actually levelling it up again. But I don't have a high-level skinner to make the levelling up process easy, either...


I guess I have to ponder more. And in the mean time, I'll put my efforts into levelling my Priest to 35 so I can continue working on Jewelcrafting. There's some neat things coming out of there, and any little bit that helps my toons be more powerful/advance more quickly (without being zoomed through by another player) is great to me!