Unfair RP distribution system: The real reason why players drop groups in scenarios

I've been whining on this forum for the past 2 days because I've been getting terrible renown points from scenarios.



I finally figured out the possible reason today and it's directly related why players often drop their groups and go solo.



I'll first show you a fairly self -explanatory scoreboard screenshot (500 hours in photoshop):



Take note of the renown points earned by the 3 circled players.


http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ggmythicmi7.jpg






The system as it stands now, works like this. When one or more of your group members kills someone or heals someone, your group will gain a certain amount of renown points. These renown points is then distributed to all the members of the group. Not all members will get the same share of renown points however. The amount distributed to individual group members is dependent on each group members personal renown rank.



The lower your renown rank, the more renown points (total of what your group earns) you will get.


The higher your renown rank, the less you will get.



So in essence:


If player A, Renown Rank 50


groups up with


player B, Renown Rank 5



Player A will be practically getting no renown points from kills or heals (maybe 1 RP per tick) and player B will almost get the total groups share of renown.



Whether this is fair or not is up to your judgment, I personally do not think it's fair. I can RvR frequently from rank 1-40 which may take me weeks to get to RR40. Whereas, someone can powerlevel to rank 40, join a scenario to group up with me and basically take ALL of my renown points and possibly catch up to my renown rank in a few days if they did this continuously.



This, is the sole reason why most players will drop groups during scenarios. Half of the reason I play scenarios is for the renown points (the other half being for fun obviously), why the hell would I want to play anymore if I start getting 100 renown per game?



I seriously hope Mythic will rework the system ASAP so that all group members get an equal share, or even distribute it based on the amount of contribution the player had towards earning those renown points.



Until then, stop hassling the players for leaving groups in scenarios, all they want is a bit of renown.


I played my shaman (healer specced, level 22) all weekend and rvr after rvr I was just more and more discouraged.



I finally canceled my account last night and just logged back into WoW yesterday and played my mage with the new talent spec. That's how discouraged I was.



I'll reactivate it and try it again sometime but as it stands now, being the top healer and working my arse off to keep my group alive only to get a quarter of the renoun they do sucks. I took screenshots of me being top healer (both order and destro) but really, what's the use in posting anything? People just complain that you're not a team player. If I wasn't a team player I'd have never rolled a healer... Apparently when someone calls you a 'team player' they mean 'you don't support me in my efforts to benefit just myself!'



Meh. This game had a lot of promise and at first I was really taken with it, but this is a deal breaker. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they'll fix it, but until they do I'll either play WoW or I'll reroll a dps class since those are 'team players' that Mythic supports fully...


It is unfortunate that Mythic chooses to reward solo players in this fashion. I run scenarios most with my guild now and it is much more enjoyable, regardless of XP, RP, etc.


I'm a runepriest, and thinking about doing the same thing (going back on my Mage in WoW).



How is the new talent spec for mages?


Players are not stealing renown points from a pool, you each receive the same amount that is then increased / decreased depending on your rr, the enemies rr and if healing the healed persons rr.



The scenarios wont give renown when your rr40 unless you are facing a group of lvl 40s with a rr of 40+. This is currently not all that likely to consistently happen, but will in a couple weeks or so. until then i suggest open rvr.



you are also not meant to be able to power level rr in this game all the way to 80, there are some in built soft caps such as we have both hit which stop you getting more than a few rr's above average. it was possible for healers to break this soft cap until patch 1.03 came along.


oRvR: Battlefield Objectives give 500 + 500 no matter what your RR. Keeps 1100 w/ the tactic I believe. We do scenarios to fill in the down-time.